Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School

In response to my sister's comments about wanting another post, all I have to say is that our life just isn't as exciting as yours! We just don't have a need to put things on the website as often. Ok, so the real truth is that I'm lazy! Anyway...here you go!
I wanted to pass along photos of our first day of school. Notice the happy smile on EDD's face? I haven't seen her this happy in months. She is enjoying her teacher and the people in her class. She even tried something new--being a lunchworker--without any anxiety! Yay!

SD's smile is because of his new buddy, who just moved into the neighborhood. They are in the same class and even have birthdays that are just 1 day apart. Their teacher is in the Navy (National Guard right now). When we first saw her, I was a little nervous. She looked so strict! The kids get a few minutes every morning to run or walk. The school goal is to do a mile in the week. The teacher said she wants her class to do a mile a day! SD said he's bored at school so far. We'll see what the next few weeks brings.


Then there's our kindergartener...here she is at home where she's still excited to be going to school.

Now reality sets in. AD kept a death grip on me! After 20 minutes with me in the classroom, she let me go with a smile. I couldn't believe it--I was so relieved! As I walked home that morning, I had the strangest combination of feelings. I felt like crying because my baby was in Kindergarten. At the same time, I felt like doing a happy dance because she was not coming home with me! When I picked her up, the worry from the morning quickly returned. Her greeting to me was, "School is not fun!" Today was day 2 of Kindergarten and she threw up right before it was time to leave. She stayed home. So, the verdict is still out on her school experience. We'll try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Miles and Bex said...

Shannon thanks for the posting. Emi looks so grown up. I am happy to see her smile. I know Taegan is going to want the dress Anna has on so if you just got it, get Taegan one. K. I just sent the payment to your account. Let me know if you get it. Keep posting pictures. We miss seeing you guys.