Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Update (even though I keep saying I'm done blogging)

We spent Monday afternoon at our favorite place--Primary's. Ellie passed her swallow study finally. Her swallow is not perfect, but it is safe--no aspiration. Yay! Now we get to deal with oral feeds. Ellie clamps her lips tightly together when I try to put things near her mouth, so I'm not looking forward to this process. I'm supposed to be giving her tastes of her formula on her binky. She can't stand that. I tried a Twizzler last night and that was better. Who knows if she will ever take a bottle, but I might have some success with treats! As for our ENT visit, we found out that Ellie's left vocal cord is still paralyzed. Her right one compensates so her voice is getting louder. I had to take her out of church a couple of weeks ago because she was making so much noise (happy sounds though). At least we are moving forward!

5 comments:

d.c.r.k.soptich said...

I have never commented, but I want you to know that I am/have been thinking about you guys through this whole thing...She is so cute and I am glad to see she is doing so well!

The Dummers said...

Yeah for Ellie! And don't be done blogging. I enjoy reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she has made progress. Although, feeding a baby solid foods can really be a chore. Good luck parents (and Ellie too)!

Camille said...

yeah! and i agree don't be done blogging, this is a great journal and i have to show you the book i just did of my blog. i love love love it. it is a great way to keep a family history and it seems effortless at times when you just type up a quick post! glad she is doing better, she is so stinkin cute!

Jadie said...

Glad to hear Ellie's doing so well...yay for happy sounds!! And don't you dare be done blogging!