Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bumbo

Look, no more oxygen tube as of last Wednesday! You can finally see Ellie's pretty face. She continues to have some issues with retching after her surgery and has decided that sleeping is not one of her hobbies. But, she is so much fun to have around! Our other exciting news is that we can begin to take her out. She's even ok to travel this summer! Ellie is about a month behind in her motor development, but she is getting stronger. The "Bumbo" we borrowed from her aunt is helping.

Big brother found better uses for the "Bumbo." He regularly wears it as head gear.

This picture was taken in the hospital after the Nissen. The dressing surrounds her button, so you can't see it very well. There's a tube we hook into the notch in the button and then we just pump her formula in.


10 comments:

runningmom said...

I've always thought she was pretty but that first picture is SO adorable! I'm so happy for you guys!

The Dummers said...

The difference in those pictures is unbelievable! She looks so unhappy with all of the tubes and then seeing her without them is amazing! She's so cute! I LOVE the whale spout hair!

Hallway Express said...

She is so happy to be home. I pray the worst is behind you. Take care.

chicagosapps said...

She's gorgeous! And looks so happy. I'm so glad she's doing well.

itsahalesofalife said...

That is great news! I am so glad you can take her out now! That will make life a bit easier I would imagine. She sure is a beautiful little girl!!

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

Yay - no tubes AND a picture with no tubes! I'm glad she is doing well. Melissa

Staci said...

Shannon, Ellie looks great! I was just showing Danny (my husband) your blog. She is so cute. I am glad things are going well. Talk to you soon.

Staci

Mp said...

We know the feeling of having the o2's removed, its so nice not to have to lug the tank around with you! Ellie is so adorable, its nice to finally get the word you can go out again and enjoy life. Thanks for sharing your story, these kids are amazing! I just wanted to welcome you to Intermountain Healing Hearts, feel free to add pictures or ask questions or just chat on the site.

Again Welcome,
Mike Patton
IHH-VP

Jadie said...

I haven't been in the blogosphere for awhile, so I thought I'd catch up. So glad she's doing well. So, does this mean you all might be coming to Oregon this summer?!! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed...!)

JSLindgren said...

Hooray! She's a beautiful girl. You are so right to treasure every day with her. And when some of those days don't go as well, you can talk about those too. Just for a laugh, check out the Bumbo I, II, and III videos on yahoo. It's a baby in a bumbo vs. a dog, etc.