Friday, May 8, 2009
Post Nissin
Ellie is doing well following her surgery. We only had 1 night in the PICU. Now, she is back upstairs in the same room we had just over a week ago! I feel like we never escaped! The surgery she had is called the "Nissin." The surgeon wrapped the top of her stomach around her esophagus and stitched it so that food can (eventually, we hope) go down, but nothing can come back up. We feed and burp her through a "second bellybutton" in her stomach. This means no more feeding tube through her nose--wahoo! I'll post pictures when I get a chance. She should be coming home on Saturday with no plans to return until she is 2-4 years old. Normal life, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad all went well and that she was in the PICU for so short a time. May you be heading home very soon...
Normal life sounds wonderful! Good job Ellie!
yahoo for normal life...let me know what that looks like will ya?
yeah!! Let us know how the 2nd belly button thing goes. The nissin sounds like quite a procedure. We are excited for you and Ellie. Keep us updated!! love marsha
Post a Comment