We are home! Ellie's heart function has improved, but she continues to have a hard time with reflux and aspiration (getting tummy juices into her windpipe). She will be returning to the hospital on Tuesday for another surgery to fix the reflux. She should be in for 3-5 days. It is so nice to be back with our family, even if it is for a short time.
3 comments:
Hurray! I don't know if Josh's spitting up is anything like Ellie's reflux, but man, I don't know how this kid is gaining any weight! I didn't know they had a way to fix reflux. I hope it works out well. At least there is something they can do about it. Will this enable her to do without the feeding tube?
How did the reflux surgery go? We continue to pray for you all.
I tend to surf blogs of heart babies from time to time because I need to put a blog up, not good with computer stuff. I have a heart baby also and when I saw yours, I had to comment. My little girl is also Ellie, and she was born on Dec. 11, 2008. We were in the hospital, but they released us till our next surgery. If you want to chat, my name is Becca and my email is rebeccacason1@yahoo.com
Post a Comment