When Ellie was first admitted to the hospital, her next door neighbor was a boy who had been waiting for 3 months for his second heart transplant. I saw his mom today before we left the PICU and she told me that he had gotten his new heart early Sunday morning. He is doing great! I am so happy for this family and for our own baby's progress. At the same time, I am so sad for those who we met during our stay who are struggling. One family said goodbye to their sweet Eliana Tuesday night. Little Amy, Bella, and Bridger are fighting to overcome their challenges. Please keep them in your prayers. Thank you so much for all the support you have given us over the past few months. We couldn't do this without your help.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Out of PICU!!!
From this...
...to this in just a matter of days!!!
And we are out of PICU! Ellie decided yesterday that she was going to get better and she made quick work of it. Within a matter of hours she was off high flow oxygen, onto regular oxygen, and then down to 1/4 liter of oxygen (that's less than what she needed before her surgery)! She is acting like she feels better. We found that she really likes male nurses, especially if they have facial hair. This doesn't bode well for the teenage years, but we'll take the many smiles she bestows on them for now. Her heart function hasn't returned to "normal," but we're hopeful that it will soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hurray! It looks like she is doing great. I am so amazed at how little kids can bounce back so quickly. Are you guys home then, or just out of intensive care?
She looks great! I can't believe how much she looks like Kevin when she smiles like that. Good luck with the male facial hair thing! Just hope they don't come with Harleys! :)
She looks great and so happy. I was thinking how much she looks like AD. We pray for you all daily, and the kids include you all in their personal prayers as well. Thank you for keeping us posted through all this. ~J
Yeah! I am so glad ellie is out of the PICU. We pray a ton for her and I have worried a lot about her. so where is ellie now? 3rd floor? I am also glad I don't know as many people with problems as you. You must be pretty tough. I met a little girl the last time we were down there that didn't make it and I struggled a lot. Well i hope ellie continues to do great!!! love Marsha
so glad to hear that she is doing well. We will keep everbody in our prayers.
Good job Ellie! Don't forget to learn even more tricks to keep Mom on her toes. Maybe next you can learn "grab all dangly earrings within a ten foot radius" or do you already know that one?
Shannon - you are a trooper and so is your baby! I'm so glad to hear she is improving. Melissa
i love her big smiling face! what a cutie & toughie she is. so glad she is improving. we will keep her and all the others in our prayers as well. especially for surgery next week.
Despite all those tubes, she still looks like a happy kid! I'm glad things at the hospital have gone well.
Post a Comment