Thursday, August 27, 2009

Whoopsie!


I gave Ellie a bath yesterday and then laid her in her crib while I grabbed something really quick. When I walked back in to her room, she seemed very pleased with herself. It took me a minute to register that she was happily waving her g-tube in her hand! Yep, she had pulled it out of her stomach! After I regrouped from my little panic attack, I put in a new "button." It turns out the old one had a leak in the balloon that keeps it in place in her stomach. I'm hoping Ellie finds better toys to play with in the future.

5 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

Love the pic. Did you try to save the spilled milk?

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

Wow that must have been a shock! Sounds like you handled it as well as could be expected - crazy kids.

Hallway Express said...

Glad you were able to get it figured out and fixed again. These kids are so smart. Jace gets this smile too when I catch him near the bookcase or about to empty out a drawer. It is too cute, and sometimes he will back away in being caught and I give him the biggest cheer for obeying. Didn't you say once that you wanted to be a nurse? You have gone through a lot.

The Dummers said...

Better toys? What could be more fun than making mom squeal AND a little added relief for herself? Sounds like a good toy to me...

Waite Family said...

Sounds like Ellie is keeping you hoping. She is adorable!! When my children see pictures of her they always say how cute she is. Glad she is doing so well. Joshua is doing great also.

How is school going for your other children?

Take care and have a great day!!