Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween


Here are a few pictures of our Halloween happenings:

We grew these monsters (both the orange ones and their carvers)!


Grandma and Papa came for trick-or-treating and for scaring our poor little heart baby half to death with their masks.


Big brother drew stitches on Ellie's skeleton heart.


Edd wanted to be an anime character. She wanted her makeup done so that when she closed her eyes, you would see big cartoon eyeballs.


For school, the kids had to go as a character from a book and bring the book to the "literacy parade." I didn't know Halloween also had to be politically correct. Can't people just celebrate holidays like they used to? My little ham here decided to go as Calvin (with Hobbes, of course) 2 days before the shin dig at school. This was the best I could do. Drawing black lines on a red t-shirt is, however, one of the easier requests he has made. He acted the part of his character well (note the tape to upturn the nose).


Our Hermione, who also decided last minute what she wanted to be. The other option she presented to me involved a big box and training wheels (???), so I'm glad she chose this one.

7 comments:

The Dummers said...

In spite of having to be politically correct (which I think is quite lame, by the way) the costumes all look great! I can't believe how huge the pumpkins are!

Kayleen England said...

Your pumpkins are HUGE! That looked like a lot of fun. I love the little skeleton with the heart on it!

Jadie said...

LOL! I know what you mean abt. being PC--the schools here call it "Harvest Party" and "Harvest Parade." Which makes no sense.

You found a skeleton costume! I love the stitches... okay, Scratch and I have a confession--we've noticed a striking similarity betw. your son and Calvin for years now! ;)

PS: you decided to get the kids poked after all! How's #3 doing? I hope she's better soon.

Miles and Bex said...

Good job on the costumes! I bet mom was glad Anna wasn't an angel. I love Em's eyes. What an awesome idea. Ellies heart is too funny. All of the kids had great costumes. I am very impressed with the pumpkins, they are big!

Steven and Kristi Bernards said...

Shannon-I have found you again! (Through Lajuana's blog.) I can't believe how much your kids have grown-and now you hav another!! I'm also at www.bernards5.blogspot.com
Kristi

Hallway Express said...

How clever! I love the makeup fake eyes. Your baby is getting so big! I love the holiday season.

chicagosapps said...

Wow! You win mother of the year for sure. The pumpkins alone would do it.