
E went off the ventilator on Saturday. The cardiologist removed a line that went straight into her heart on Sunday and then we finally got to hold our baby after 9 days! When the nurse put her into my arms, E opened her eyes and stared at me for a long time as if to say, "It's about time!" After that reprimand, she settled down and went back to sleep (looking very comfortable I must say). She has gotten more fluid in her lungs since coming off the ventilator, so we're hoping for some improvement soon so she can get out of ICU. It's frustrating for me to go so slowly, but maybe I'll learn patience after all.
9 comments:
These pictures make me want to cry! With happiness! I'm so glad you were able to finally hold her. I love what you said about her opening her eyes.
PS: the kids think she looks like S.
I'm so glad you're able to hold her again! She looks so cute! I love the picture of her with her arm over her head! Thanks for keeping us posted!
Wow, she really does look like Seth. It's good to see her not so "hooked up"!
AHHHH! As a mom, I can't believe that after having a new baby hooked up to all these tubes, how it must have felt to finally get to hold her and comfort her! I am bawling as I write this!!!:) We continue to keep "E" (as you write) and all of you in our prayers! A cute grandma in our ward always tell me that the little spirits born in these times are more stubborn and fiesty than ever, and it is for a because reason...because they have to be! I think that is so true in this case! Thank goodness for little fighters! Love to all, Some of the other dumm and dummers.
Shannon! I hadn't even heard your baby was having any trouble. I'm glad I got to read the story when you are already turning the corner toward the happy ending. What a tough little girl!
So glad you can hold your sweet baby again. Sorry you have to keep being patient and go slowly. I hope you can get out of the ICU soon.
I just love the picture of you two looking at each other. It is so precious!
Post a Comment